Monday, September 7, 2009

Pierogie Casserole

Per some's request :)

1 box frozen pierogies
1 jar pasta sauce
4 oz. shredded cheese (I use 4-cheese Italian cheese blend)
1 green pepper diced,
1/2 onion diced (we aren't onion people, so we didn't add this)
garlic powder
Italian seasonings

Put frozen pierogies on bottom of 9 x 13' pan. Sprinkle veggies on top of pierogies. Pour sauce on top. Sprinkle cheese evenly over sauce. Finally, spice to taste with garlic powder and Italian seasoning. You can add diced chicken or shredded beef for extra protein. You can pretty much add any cooked meat. I chose to add ground beef when I made it. You can also add fresh spinach in this recipe. The recipe on the box suggests adding pepperoni which I didn't do.

Bake at 350 degrees for 30-35 minutes uncovered until bubbling. Serve with garlic bread and a salad for a delicious and frugal meal.

No comments: